Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mama Needs her Def Leppard!

Four years ago I was so anti-iPod you would have thought they were made of Coors Light. It might have stemmed from a student worker who thought there was no task too small, no errand too quick, no work conversation too un-important, that it didn't require an iPod strapped to her body and ear buds strung up through her shirt. But I was also just stubbornly hating technology and change. After all, I started running and trained for my 1st half marathon with nothing more than a cheapo FM radio. If I could stay motivated to run during Delila's love song cry hour, why in the world did I need an iPod?

But that Christmas I asked for a nano--I think a 2G or whatever the smallest one they had. After all, I would use it only when I worked out and I only wanted to listen to certain songs while I ran or worked out so I didn't need a fancy-schmancy video iPod or capacity for 30,000 songs. This thing was to be another piece of workout equipment. Period.

I ended up getting the 30G video iPod, the biggest and best that was available at that time. I couldn't imagine my meager music collection would fill up 1G let alone the other 29.


Cut to 3 years later. I have 1200 songs (still small, I know) and 1000 podcasts. That's about 8G in music and 18G in podcasts. I told you podcasts were an addiction. At least my addiction doesn't require cash only transactions or Tiger Woods-esque press conferences. I'm getting ready to move my iTunes library from my work computer to my new laptop. I'm scared to death. I'm petrified, actually. My iPod has become a constant in my life--it goes with me almost everywhere. I cart it back and forth from home to work, work to gym, gym to Linebacker...Linebacker to Nick's Patio...where else do I go?? :)

So wish me luck as I start going through podcasts to clear out space on the hard drive. Because if something bad happens you'll see me running down US933 trying to keep pace to "Butterfly Kisses."

2 comments:

  1. Two questions:

    1) What's wrong with Coors Light?

    2) Where the hell does Delila find those freaking people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two answers:

    1) I already drink water for free, so I'm not going to pay $3 for it at a bar.

    2) I don't know where the people come from but they obviously think that their estranged boyfriend is sitting around listening to Delila, too. So...there's more than one piston not firing correctly.

    ReplyDelete