Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jessica's Latest Problem With the World
Part Four

It's Earth Day. HOORAY! But you wouldn't know it by reading the paper. Where are the Macy's fliers with 50% leather jackets? How come Sofa Select isn't having an Earth Day no interest for 36 months party? I thought for sure the car dealerships would have Toyotas that JUST. HAVE. TO. GO! in honor of Mama Earth. Macy's, WalMart...even Dollar General can put together marketing events for Columbus Day, President's Day, Summer Solstice, Veteran's Day...what else am I missing? Batiste Day...so why not Earth Day? Do stores think Mama Earth would deny me a new frying pan? Maybe I was going to celebrate another year on the planet by buying a blu-ray player...but I can't now, because Best Buy is ignoring the Earth.

1 comment:

  1. All is not lost...right after reading your blog, I received an email from Sears, and in the subject line it stated: "Earth Day Savings: 3 Days To Save 30% on Energy Star Qualified Appliances" Going to the website, they even implore you to "Discover Pandora This Earth Day–AVATAR now available on DVD or BLU-RAY"! Kind of restores your faith in capitalism, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete