Dear Curtis,
You made my night. I pulled into Martin's Supermarket for a quick stop--just some onions and peppers for my dinner. I saw you standing outside at the drive up door, joking with one of your other coworkers and my face broke into the biggest grin. Even my heart smiled.
I was lucky enough that when I had made my way through the store and into a checkout line you were bagging at the end of aisle 9. Your goofy grin, impossibly positive attitude, and loud belly laughs never cease to tickle me. When your coworker told you that the old guy wearing the Cubs hat was probably alive the last time the Cubs won the World Series and you doubled over because you thought it was so funny...I almost gave you a hug. I don't know anything about you except that you're my favorite kid working at Martin's and you make my shopping experience a bright spot in my day.
Sincerely,
Jessica
And you brightened Curtis' day too. When he saw you, he thought to himself, "Oh, Jessica's here today. What a fine humorist!"
ReplyDeleteCurtis...I guess it's just something about the name, ha ha!
ReplyDelete