
Apparently there's a restaurant in LA where people bring in their own food and a chef prepares it. I call them BYOI--Bring Your Own Ingredients.
Some observations about BYOIs (pronounced "boys"):
There are lots of reason why I eat at restaurants: socializing, experimenting with new foods, because that's what you do on awkward first dates, etc. But undeniably (or so I thought) one of the best benefits is that you don't have to do anything except sign the check. You can sit down, peruse the menu and THEN decide what you want to eat. And it gets made! Sit back and enjoy the Chianti! No planning ahead, no getting dirty in your garden, and you're not limited to eating 12 dozen eggplants because those are the only things that managed to grow in your garden this year.
According to what I learned, a person can bring in as much food as they want--more than they'll eat--and the restaurant will use it for other dishes, or change their daily menu to incorporate the 12 dozen eggplants you brought in. That's great, I'm a fan of home gardens and I'm a fan of fresh food. But while I know how I treat my garden and I know that the government regulates massive farms...how do you know your neighbor isn't bringing in eggplants that he injected with Drano? Or strawberries dipped in cocaine? Maybe I have trust issues.
In a nutshell: BYOIs are hard to understand. BYOIs will kill you if you're not careful. BYOIs are only concerned about one thing: the size of your eggplant. BYOIs will screw you over when a better looking eggplant walks in the door.
I think you have BYOI issues.
ReplyDeleteYou must forget about BYOIs, and endeavor to find a MAN. I know...easier said than done. :)
ReplyDelete