Friday, May 21, 2010

Jessie and Michael Vick. Two people, one heart.

In the middle of a looooooong talk last night with my friend Jimmy Buffet I was telling him about a situation I've found myself in lately. His advice? Don't get too down on myself, there's always hope for redemption. Well, his exact words were "Look at Michael Vick. People like him again. There's hope for you Jessie."

I've been compared to a lot of people before but this was truly memorable. Meg Ryan? It's the hair. Juan Valdez? I REALLY love coffee. Bob Villa? I've done a lot of home projects. Justin Timberlake? My dance moves are intoxicating. But what an honor to be spoken of in the same sentence with the great Michael Vick. And yes, the thought that people once again "love" a juiced (do not quote that), dog-killing, multi-millionaire actually DOES give me hope in my situation.

Because the situation I face (I didn't want to get into it but now that I've started...) is not that much different. I'm just a thousand-aire.

No comments:

Post a Comment