
I'm headed back to Nebraska this weekend. It's a quick trip in the middle of one of my busiest seasons at work but nonetheless...I can tell Nebraska is JUST as excited as Jessica is. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and here are a few reasons why you should be jealous you're not a Husker.
- Nebraska is the home of Arbor Day. The next time you go buy a new car with 0% financing or a new bedroom set during the annual Arbor Day sale, you can thank Nebraska.
- It is illegal to go whale fishing in Nebraska. And I heart whales.
- 'Lil Red.
- People are nice. Seriously...my dad used to wave at cars he passed on the road. I'd say "Who was that?" "I have no idea. Just being friendly."
- Nebraska Furniture Mart, in Omaha, is the largest furniture store in the nation.
- Marlon Brando was born in Omaha.
- Johnny Carson was born in Norfolk!
- Do you like steak? You can thank Nebraska.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln weight room is the largest in the country. It covers 3/4 of an acre!
- In Lehigh, NE it is illegal to sell doughnut holes.
- Do you like soybeans? No? Well, you can still thank Nebraska.
- Cherry County is larger than the state of Connecticut. Take THAT!
- In Omaha, it is illegal for a man to be seen with a shaved chest. Simply awesome.
- Wayne, Nebraska is known for the "biggest and best" chicken show in America.
- The Sea of Red.
- Spam is produced in Fremont, Nebraska.
- Nebraska gave birth to the Reuben sandwich, Kool-Aid, and the 911 emergency system.
- We average 39 tornadoes every year. Any wonder why we're tough as nails?
Lastly, this has to be mentioned. There is a South Bend, Nebraska. They are famous for serving more testicles than anywhere else in the world at its "Testicle Festival."
We will graciously welcome you back anytime!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait! Thanks Jaci!
ReplyDeleteGotta say, after reading your post, I'm a little jealous of your trip to the homeland. Safe travels. I think you should wave at everyone you pass.
ReplyDelete