Today holds a lot of sad and tough memories. I guess I could sit inside my house all day and cry and feel sorry for myself. Or I could stay so busy that I don't have time to acknowledge or think about anything today. I know neither of those plans are particularly healthy. I've already shed a few tears this morning and I have a long list of things to do today, so maybe the happy medium is to have a few laughs, enjoy life while I have it, and not worry about any of the 14, 249 things I normally worry about. Me not worry?? Stop rolling your eyes...it could PROBABLY be done!
Summer reminds me of the one summer when my dad canned batch after batch of homemade salsa. I'm not sure how he got that itch but I remember he and my mom cooking and experimenting with different combinations of peppers, herbs, and spices. My brother and I would "have" to sample each batch and give our feedback. At the time I remember thinking it was a lot of work and what was the purpose?? So that if the bomb ever hit us we'd be prepared in the basement with 25+ jars of salsa and no chips?
Now I see exactly what the purpose was. The purpose was to just enjoy life. To do things. To try things. To try to perfect something. To feel the pleasure of making something from scratch. To do something as a couple and as a family. To enjoy the process. To just be content.
Happy Memorial Day and HAPPY May 31st! Drink a Budweiser.
This Bud's for you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHi, just thought it was a great tribute to Dad. Thanks. I am teary eyed. MOM
ReplyDelete