Friday, October 1, 2010

Three Cheers for Physical Fitness

I love to see people enjoying physical fitness. And is there a better place in the world to exercise and see the beauty of God's creation than the great outdoors? The exhilaration of a morning run or walk, the brisk fall air filling your lungs, the sun rising with the promise of a beautiful day. Glorious.

I love that Notre Dame men find physical fitness so important. Sometimes I have trouble just WAKING UP, let alone going for a walk before work. To see their obvious devotion to their physical well being at 8:15am, as they cross the highway on their way back from what MUST have been an early morning walk over to Saint Mary's...it fills me with...something. And you know they take it seriously because when they go on these exercise walks they dress in their khaki pants and blue button down shirts. This is serious exercise! And serious love of nature! They may look tired and disoriented but I think that makes me respect them more. Walk on ND men...walk on.

1 comment: