Thursday, July 15, 2010

RIP

I dropped my cell phone when I was in Nebraska. This is a *real* cell phone, people. It makes telephone calls, sends text messages, and takes pictures. It doesn't surf the internets or update my Facebook profile. It will not tell me how to navigate a new city or find the closet Starbucks or how to translate Turkish to English. It makes telephone calls.

When I dropped it the inside screen cracked. Within a week the LCDish stuff had "bled" from the hairline crack and half of my text messages were unreadable. Then, whenever I touched the touch screen it would randomly start to call people...or ask to add bluetooth devices. After suffering through one too many conversations with people I didn't really want to talk to ever again I decided to deactivate it and use my old orange phone of awesome people again. Guess what?? It's still awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I've trashed plenty of ph, including lcd. I've also found/replaced same (lcd) thru the wonderful world of ebay, very reasonably..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~sigh~ When are you eligible for a free phone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you want to do a screen replacement. I think I could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete