Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Scared to Think Too Hard About This One

I told you a therapist would have a field day with me, right? And that's just based on the weird things I like. Well, here's what I dreamt last night, analyze to your heart's content:

I was sleeping in bed (in my childhood home, by the way) when a friend came walking into the room. I asked him how he got in the house and he said he just kicked the door and jimmied it a little. (The door that I pictured, though, was my current front door, which is in need of replacing) He was wearing fatigues and I asked why he was wearing fatigues and he said he had joined the army and they had sent him here--to my childhood home--as his first assignment.

Then...my cousin came to the door and handed me the phone. It was my brother, pranking me, who said he was "Randy Rooney." I said "Do you mean "Andy Rooney?" I could hear my brother start to giggle and he said "Yeah, that's what I said "Andy Rooney."

I think at that point I woke myself up. Who wouldn't bolt awake when the vision of Andy Rooney enters their dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment