Friday, July 16, 2010

What's Yours is Yours and What's Mime is Mime


I just had an interesting chat with a friend...we'll call him Billy Joel. Billy's sarcastic and entertaining and is also a big fan of the *WINK!*

We were talking about different artistic expressions and performances and I mentioned miming. Mimes are oft overlooked as a artistic geniuses, I feel. While most artists struggle their entire lives to set themselves apart and make their name a household name, mimes perform as silent strangers, anonymous to their audience...content to be known only as "mime." Their work captivates your soul..."Who is that mime waving to??? What terrible thing happened to mime that he has to point out his invisible tears to me???" Who HASN'T experienced a little flutter of your heart when mime appears to be walking confidently down the street...and suddenly is flat on his back from tripping on the invisible banana peel?

Mimes bring people together for a common experience and that's the definition of art according to Google. Book a mime for your next party, wedding, job interview, or first date. Let people know right off the bat that you're a classy and cultural person.

1 comment: