What I WANT to talk about today, I won't.
Instead, I'll share with you that the great Easter tradition of playing Mexican Train Dominoes with my family on Good Friday is upon us. Holy Dominoes, as we've taken to calling it, is a chance for my family to keep in touch with my friends...my family away from my family. I live 700 miles away from "home" and I know my mom had (and still does have) a hard time with that distance. When they started visiting me for Easter I decided (I think without telling them...not sure) to invite all my friends over on Friday night and play dominoes, something the family would be doing anyway. I bought some beer, my friends came over, my family loves my friends, and I HOPE my friends enjoy my family.
This year we'll be without my grandma. It was during a Holy Dominoes night that my friends affectionately nicknamed her Ruth the Turk because of her "ruthless" (HA!) tactic of always managing to derail other peoples' trains. We even named the move after her, yelling "You just got Turked!" if someone laid a double domino they couldn't finish. I'll miss her this Easter and I know my friends will miss her...she was a part of the group just like us young "kids."
I'm sorry to miss it this year, throw down a turk for me
ReplyDeleteJosh
The Mexican Train domino game rocks! Can't wait to take part in your family tradition.
ReplyDelete