Monday, March 22, 2010

Jessica---1. Resolutions---1.

I don't know what to write about today, what I want to tell the four of you who read this, if there's any wisdom I can bestow on you today. I have made no witty observations over the weekend (mainly due to a full day of meetings on Saturday) and don't care to bore you with stories about the cutest cat in the world...who just happens to live at my house, thank you VERY much.

So 2010 is almost a quarter of the way over, if you can believe it. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Think about it, the early worm gets the worm. (Michael Scott, 2006) I have made no progress on my New Year's Resolutions and can't even find the list I made to hold myself accountable. Perhaps I threw it away in my quest to accomplish Resolution #3: De clutter the house. Or maybe I used the back side of it to accomplish Resolution #4: Send a hand-written thank you note to people who do nice things for me.

Nope.

In any event, I am NOT washing my face every night before I go to bed, I have NOT been exercising an hour a day, I have NOT been sending thank you notes or cleaning my house unless in a panic-someone's-coming-over mode, and I am still chewing my nails.

But...I've taken a few risks, have taken a shine to whiskey, bowled over a 150, eaten my first schnitzel, been to Trader Joe's THREE TIMES, chopped my hair off, learned how to present a webinar, watched the entire series of Lost and Arrested Development, and purchased 2 hats.

I've got some work to do in the remaining 9 months of the year but I feel pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. (Larry David, 2005) But I can do better. The message at mass yesterday was that there's always the opportunity to repent, to change, to say you're sorry...to actually DO something. God loves me no matter the *something* or the *nothing* that I've done. So I'm making a quarter year resolution to be more thankful for His mercy and talk to Him more frequently about how my life is playing out.

And I'm going to wash my face tonight.

3 comments:

  1. May I suggest that you visit a beet farm before the year's end? You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you actually LISTENED to what was said in Mass yesterday?? And here I was given the impression that you flirted with some construction worker the whole time. Huh. Amazing how the stories don't converge. Must ask my husband why that is....... :) F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?? He remembered my seductive wink??? Good to know, I'll use that on my next target. :)

    ReplyDelete