
This week is like a cross between finals week, a marathon, and prepping for a wedding. There is no option to delay these deadlines. My eyelash batting won't buy me an extra day. I'm either ready...or I'm not.
I have a board meeting this week for work and so I'm prepping for meetings and committee meetings AND several functions that are part of the entire board weekend. On top of that it's a football weekend and I'm renting out the house. I spent the weekend prepping and cleaning as much as I could beforehand. Here's a peak inside my brain this weekend:
- "Do I vacuum the cat litter off the floor now or just wait until 5am Friday morning?"
- "Don't forget the combination to the beer fridge."
- "Can I put the renter sheets on my bed today and sleep on the couch the rest of the week? It sounds a whole lot easier than stripping the bed at 5am on Friday."
- "What if I wake up too late on Friday morning and Roni has to go to the board meeting with me? Would people be really upset?"
- "If I clean the sinks today can I brush my teeth in plastic cups for the week?"
- "Don't forget to leave instructions about how to use the wireless internet connection named John McClane."
- "Need more paper bags to pack away my Trader Joe's goods."
- "Why don't I ever clean the house this well when I'M staying here??"
- "Need to pack away the unmentionables but I'll need unmentionables this week. Count them out."
- "They'll just have to deal with that random door leaning against the wall, in a room it doesn't belong."
No comments:
Post a Comment