Sunday, September 12, 2010

Little Hiccups

Coming home today was not fun but now--about 9 hours after walking through the SIDE door--I've regained some perspective. I know that when I give my house keys to strangers I shouldn't expect the same kind of care and respect towards my house that I hope my friends and family would have. Yet, I'm constantly amazed at how LITTLE respect these people show my home. I hope life never leads me down a path where I find it acceptable to leave bloody band aids in places other than the trash can. I hope I always have enough respect for people and their property that I'd never dream of grinding chocolate into their floor. Or gum into their couch. Or vacuum up something wet with a vacuum cleaner. (I have no idea what the "wet" was but it was all over my legs and I kind of threw up in my mouth a little)

This rental was not the worst I've experienced, by a long shot. I guess it's the shock factor, the 1st rental of the season. I'm doing laundry, I've cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room and read the paper. This is just a small hiccup in a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment