The term "Bucket List" has entered everyday vernacular and I'm pretty okay with it. I don't hear it everyday and thankfully everyone I know is not dying to recite their bucket list to me. So I'm ambivalent.
The other night on Mad Men, Don Draper was writing in his journal about cleaning up his life. In the voice over he says he wants to climb Mount Kilimanjaro one day. The line is hilarious because Don is a chain-smoking, 10am-whiskey-drinking, blacked-out-an-entire-day kind of guy. It got me thinking that maybe for some us, we need a pre-bucket list bucket list. Like a pre-season warm up game, when the Huskers can beat up on Florida Mid-Atlantic.
I will be so bold as to share my pre-bucket list bucket list...
Eat my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Stick my ankle in the ocean. (Haven't people heard of SHARKS?)
Ride my bike up a moderate sized hill
Learn Spanglish
Write in my journal for more than 2 days. In a row.
Form a one-woman band
Sit through Lord of the Rings without falling asleep
Find the answer to why my check engine light has been on for 6 years
This is just the beginning! Feel free to share your pre-bucket list bucket list.
No comments:
Post a Comment