Thursday, September 16, 2010

Parks and Recreation and Attempted Assault


Here's a list of things you can do in a park:

Lay on your back and look at the stars
Throw a frisbee
Run through the splash pad
Swing on the swing set
Play a game of pick-up basketball
Have a picnic
Have a screaming match with the father of your child

Guess which one actually happened last night???

If you guessed "screaming match" you're a faithful reader and have won a beef lip burrito on me. Here's the lowdown: I'm laying in bed, reading my Organizational Behavior book. I hear two people arguing in a car outside but it wasn't obnoxious or too loud. I could hear her repeating "Can I finish?? Can I finish? Shut up! Can I finish??" I keep reading, not too concerned.

All of a sudden the woman screams bloody murder: "Get the ____ away from me! Don't you f____ touch me! Don't touch me!" She's out of the car (Roni and I are now peaking out of the blinds, watching the action) and he's trying to grab her while she's struggling to get away. The screaming went on and on and on so I figured at that point it was about time to call 911, I'd personally had enough and I was kind of scared of what could possibly happen next. The 911 operator said he'd send some cars out so I hung up and immediately heard sirens. I was foolish enough to believe that the sirens were for this situation and my mind was racing about the confrontation that could come next.

The guy hears the sirens and runs back to his car and speeds away, the woman screaming after him at the top of her lungs that she hates him and he'll never see the baby. She starts walking across the park, away from my house. 10 minutes later 2 cop cars race down my street, circle the park, then do another lap slowly with their search beams going.

That's the end of the story from my perspective but I'll throw in another dash of crazy for ya, for free. I'm laying on my stomach watching all this through the blinds when I notice that my neighbor's car lights are on and they were in the car. I was surprised I didn't notice it before, since their car was there for the entire fiasco. I tried to figure out what had happened--had the crazy neighbors gone outside during the confrontation to sit in their car?? Had they arrived home just before things blew up across the street?? Do they now live in their car??

2 comments:

  1. Jess, your crazy magnet is in full working order

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the crazy neighbors were making out in the car?

    ReplyDelete