Friday, June 29, 2012

Screamy, Blank Stare, and Tom Turkey

My crazy neighbors (aka, Screamy and Blank Stare) own birds. I have nothing against birds, I've never owned a bird, I'm indifferent to the owning of birds. I know they own birds because their cage (roost???) must be by the front window and consequently, I can hear the birds cooing whenever I'm outside weeding or watering. This morning was no different.

When I left for work, though, the neighbor's front door was cracked open. Peering at me behind the safety of the storm door, was a turkey. Or maybe it was a chicken. I don't know. The point is that there was a LARGE, orangeish/brownish bird that looked like it was supposed to walking and strutting across a barnyard staring at me this morning. It disappeared before I could photographic proof but I swear it looked like this



And now all I can think about is this


No comments:

Post a Comment