I'll skip the fanfare, the build up, the guessing, the sentimentality--
I'm engaged!
George Clooney proposed Friday night outside of the United Center, immediately following the Neil Diamond concert. It was--to say the least and do the night NO justice--a remarkable, unforgettable, lovely, perfect, and FUN evening.
We drove to Nebraska on Saturday and told my family who are really excited and ready to pack their bags for a "destination" wedding. Both of our families are thrilled for us and when the news went "Facebook official" yesterday, it was very humbling and overwhelming to read the kind, thoughtful, and joyous messages our friends left us.
Now the fun part starts. The former wedding planner has become the wedding plannee. If we navigate the challenges of planning an interfaith wedding and marriage, florists, dance lessons, song lists, dress fittings, guest lists, etiquette, (the list goes on and on and on!) with as much fun and openness as we've spent the last two years, I think it'll be smooth sailing.
Can you Mazel Tov yourself? If so--MAZEL TOV!
No comments:
Post a Comment