Indiana is on its 15th consecutive day without rain. I am the girl who decided in May that June was the perfect time to pay the landscaper to redo the back yard and put in multiple perennial beds. So...new plants and no rain means that my days are spent praying for rain and my nights are spent dragging sprinklers around my yard, hauling hoses over the fence, and mentally calculating the loan I'll need to take out to cover my water bill.
This morning, as I rolled out of bed at 6:15am to start the feeding, I--honest to Pete--just put on my slip-on tennis shoes and went right on outside. Still in my pajamas. Still with my bedhead. Standing in the front yard with the hose over the hydrangea, yawning...stretching...and not really caring. It was a tad bit chilly and I thought "I wish I had something I could throw on over my pajamas when I come out in the morning to do this." And I realized...that's what a housecoat is.
I don't think at 35 I'm ready for a housecoat. So if you're driving by at 6:30am or 8:30pm you'll still see me in shorts, t-shirt, and tennies, with "interesting" looking hair.
But I secretly do kinda want a housecoat.

No comments:
Post a Comment