I went to an auction this weekend. A local antique store was closing up shop and I thought I could scoop up some deals.
- Observation #1: Always go to an auction rested, well fed, and prepared with supplies. Do not do what I did--go straight from a kick-butt workout to the auction, stand around for hours with little water and zero food. Your decision-making skills are seriously impaired when you're dehydrated.
- Observation #2: So penguin t-shirts are (back????) in style, huh?

- Observation #3: People are generally nice, except when they're bidding against you.
- Observation #4: George Clooney and I must give off a "first-time-in-a-restaurant" vibe. At least the guy next to us in the Mexican diner thought so, by the way he helpfully recommended that we try salsa with our chips. "It's good!"
- Observation #5: Apparently there is a conspiracy amongst Mexican diners and the helpful guy from Observation #4 to cheat him out of chips. "I know you got chips back there, I ain't playing that game! I need some chips, I know you're supposed to give me chips, I'll take some chips, don't play that game with me!" "I'm just going to keep telling these people next to me that I know I'm supposed to get chips and you should stop playing games with me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment