Twice in the last three days someone has commented on my hairstyle. Specifically, my workout hairstyle. When I decided to cut my hair one of the hardest things about losing the inches was losing the ponytail option. For healthier hair, I gave up the freedom to "pull it back and go." And when I say "it was hard"...it really wasn't that hard. I have a generous supply of headbands and bandannas that have kept my hair out of my face before and were just waiting in the wings for their time to shine once again. So, a) it wasn't as if I went from Lady Godiva to GI Jane, and b) been there, done that.
Tuesday afternoon, after I worked out, showered, and came back to work, someone walked by my office and loudly asked
"What happened to your hair?"
I looked up puzzled, mentally assessing my post workout hair. One great thing about curly hair is that post-workout, it pretty much looks like it did pre-workout.
"It was so cute earlier."
I could only imagine that she was saying my hair looked like crap after I'd worked out so I just let my mouth fall open in disbelief.
"When you had it up in the ponytail on top of your head. It was cute."
Ahhhhhh. She thought my Pebbles Flintstones look was cute. Okay. No harm, no foul (although the presentation of the questions could have been a little more explicit from the onset.)
Today as I swiped my card at the gym the desk worker said
"What do you do here?"
(Hmmm....run, sweat, zone out, fantasize, make grocery lists...)
"I mean, are you a teacher here?"
"Oh no, I don't teach. I'm an administrator."
"Oh, because the other day I saw you with your ponytail on top of your head and I thought 'Oh, she's a student' but then you came out of the locker room dressed up, so I couldn't figure out who you were."
Have a Yabba Dabba Doo-lightful Weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment