
The Almighty Parks Department put in a splash pad in the park across the street. It's a cool idea--I feel like I'm one of those kids in old movies, who bust open the fire hydrant and everyone plays in the street. Yeah, I ran through a few times on Saturday, so what, it was hot!!! Well it's a great idea...if the water runs when someone is actually using it. Saturday night, getting home at 11pm, the water was still shooting into the air at full blast. And Sunday when I opened the door at 7:30am to get the paper...still going. My only hope is it's recycled water from the St. Joe Dead Body River.
Also, since when do little kids get to boss me around? Here's an exact transcript of a conversation I had with a little girl at the splash pad (aka, my new hangout)
Little Girl: Hey! Get me a cup of water!
Me: Why don't you get YOURSELF a cup of water?
Little Girl: (annoyed, pointing to her cut-off jean shorts) 'Cause I can't
get these wet!
Me: Alright...(I take the Styrofoam cup and hold it out so the falling
water from one of the fountains will fill it)
Little Girl: Wash it out first! It's dirty! I don't want to drink dirty
water!
Me: (dump the little bit of water out) OK. (I take her a full cup of water)
Little Girl: Did you wash out that cup??? Do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment