Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In Anticipation of Thursday...


I'm writing this Wednesday night but it's appropriate for a Thursday post, as it's

Jessica's Latest Problem with the World Pt. 4

So I think I've made it clear that I don't really have a neighborly relationship with my neighbors.
Exhibit 1: telling me on Day 1 of ownership to trim the trees
Exhibit 2: yelling at me about the house renters
Exhibit 3: their grandson used to beg me for money
Exhibit 4: I really haven't taken any of their "advice"

Well here's what they're doing now: whenever** I mow my yard, one of the ladies ALWAYS comes out of her house, stands on her porch and shakes her head at me as I mow the front yard. She doesn't say anything...just shakes her head, like I've disappointed her YET again.

**Disclaimer: I am not the most...attentive...when it comes to lawn maintenance. It's not like I get citations from the city or the all powerful Parks Department, but yeah...my grass gets a little long. Sue me! I have a life! I don't live to mow!

But does my mowing disgust her? Does it confuse her? Do I have bad technique? Does she not love my pink bandanna? Would she rather I mow at midnight or 6am? Does mowing during daylight hours annoy her? Did I mow over her favorite house dress...the loveliest of her mu mus?

No comments:

Post a Comment