Wednesday, June 16, 2010


As mentioned in a previous post, I love to wink. Wink if you're having a good time! Wink if you've got an inside joke with someone! Wink if you share an empathy with someone! Wink your eyeballs out.

My second favorite gesture/tick that I love is the finger gun. I LOVE to shoot people the finger gun. I greet people often with a finger gun, wink and a "tsch tsch!" Sometimes if I'm far away from someone and they wouldn't be able to hear my awesome "tsch tsch," I do a silent finger gun coupled with a chin lift. I think it adequately conveys to people that they are members of my inner circle, worthy of more than a generic "Hi."

While most of the people I greet with a finger gun are good friends or people I have a very good relationship with, sometimes I forget and end up finger gunning people I should probably treat with more respect or finger gunning at inappropriate times. For instance, walking out of mass on Sunday...I finger gunned the priest. Two weekends ago, I'm pretty sure I shot the college president's husband a finger gun. Sitting on the dais at commencement I finger gunned one of my favorite graduates. Look for that image on all our new admissions materials.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the next time I see you I get the full wink and finger gun treatment. I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don' forget...you must return your finger guns to their holsters!!!

    ReplyDelete