Sunday, January 2, 2011

New and Improved

2011.

Time flies, huh?

Ahhhhhhhh

So the year ended with a major road trip. It was the longest I've been away from the house, ever. 10 days. I was half expecting to walk in the front door and find raccoons nesting in the couches. (For the record--no raccoons.) The neighbors fence didn't fall over while I was gone so that's a good start to the new year, right?

New Mexico and Colorado were amazing. The mental pictures I took will never compare to the actual pictures...when I get my REAL film developed in about 6 months. The stars, the mountains, the landscape--beautiful. The food--to die for. The travelling companion--awesome. The giant chunk of ice that smashed up our radiator--not so awesome. The brother and sister in law who helped us make phone calls and switch out rental cars--pretty awesome. The mom who took care of Roni for 5 days and drove to Omaha to give her back, reluctantly--really awesome. Celebrating New Year's Eve with George Clooney, exhasuted--wonderful.

It's back to reality. Which, after some reflection...isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment