In my household, the new year officially starts AFTER my birthday, so any failed resolutions are moot. Today is Day One and I'm kicking some booty!
Usually in January I get the urge to purge. My pantry is bursting with Trader Joe items bought en masse. I ran out of hangers for the clothes I have in 3 (admittedly VERY tiny) closets. My iPod is filling up with music I don't listen to and at last count...I have 6 sets of dishes. Six.
Wait, 7. Seven.
Not all complete sets but seven sets of dinner plates.
Part of the purging is evaluating what's important and making the hard decisions about what's useful and what brings me joy. What becomes yet another thing to move to the side when I need or want the important thing. What gets in my way from enjoying the things I already have.
Cheers to a January and a new year filled with simple abundance.
No comments:
Post a Comment