I've been suffering through some self-doubt about my bloggy blog. I used to post regularly, about every other day. Now I'm lucky to post once a week. I used to post about interesting things I saw or learned and strange encounters I had. Now I sit at my computer and have to really think if anything interesting has happened to me. I don't know for sure what's changed (or if anything has REALLY changed) or how/if my outlook changed. I need a Cher-style slap in the face.

"Snap out of it!!!"
So today is Thursday. Thursdays are probably my favorite day of the week. Some would argue Friday or Saturday are better days and I would agree that Fridays and Saturdays are indeed fantastic days. But there's something about the anticipation of the weekend I feel on Thursdays that really gets me jazzed. Thursday is usually when I make all the big plans for everything I'm going to do over the weekend--fun times, house projects, relaxing, catching up on Bridezillas... On Thursdays I see the entire weekend stretch out ahead of me, as if it could go on and on. I'm filled with ambition to catch up on everything I've let slide over the week. I'm filled with anticipation of comfortable clothes, yoga, and Mad Men on Sunday mornings. I peruse cook books and recipe websites looking for a my next inspiration. (How do you think I found out about the Meat Baby, afterall?)
We're having a wonderful stretch of warm weather in Indiana this week. After a week where it rained every single day and we saw the sun zero times, we're having one glorious, sunny, picture-perfect day after another. I'm sipping coffee, looking at the blue sky, and making my Thursday list of what the weekend will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment