Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm Frowny

Because of a cancelled appointment this morning, I found myself with an extra hour before I was expected at work. I hurried home, changed clothes, ran to the post office, then went to the dry cleaner to pick up SIXTEEN sweaters. (More on that in a later post) I decided to stop at Starbucks, to get this Friday started on the right foot.

Standing in line, waiting for the dark roast to brew, I was absorbed in my thoughts of the day and the weekend ahead. Some of these were serious thoughts: make sure to run through next Friday's schedule before the presentation today...3 or 4 website updates today....how close are we to getting that mailing out the door...etc. But a lot of my thoughts were happy: dinner tonight will be fun, thankfully the restaurant has great seafood....can't wait to look at wedding rings tonight with George...will have to get a lot of studying done on Sunday since Saturday is Monte Carlo night...

Apparently my thinking face is really a frowny face. The older gentleman standing next me turned to me and said "How are you today?" I smiled and said I was fine and asked how he was. He said "I thought I'd ask because you were frowning." I was? I thought I was just thinking. I laughed and said I was actually in a great mood, I was just thinking about the next few days...and then I felt the insane urge to apologize to him. As if my frown ruined his day.

Our coffees were both ready at the same time and I asked how he was doing today. He said he was doing great. "I'm not from around here and I just LOVE the snow. I LOVE the thrill of driving on slick roads."

So...I'll be more conscious of my thinking/frowny face and try to look more friendly. But that observation came from a crazy person who loves to drive on icy roads.
(Frowny)

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a psycho. Who likes icy roads?

    ReplyDelete