First, I almost get hit by deer on campus.
Then, I get hit by a guy bicycle.
Yesterday, I was almost eaten by a hawk.
(I may be exaggerating just a smidge)
I walked out of my building yesterday and a giant hawk swoops in from out of nowhere, and lands on the bushes next to me. I stopped walking, because I've seen Jurassic Park, and what I learned is that to avoid being eaten by animals you should make no movement.
The hawk and I had a staring match for about a minute, while I thought to myself "How hungry is this hawk and will he make a play for my green smoothie cup? Do I smell enticing? The sun shines for ONE MINUTE this week and of course it's when I'm trying to take a close up picture of a hawk." I also said a silent prayer that I decided against making the day the 1st Annual "Bring Roni to Work" Day.
I lived to tell the tale, rest assured. Next time I leave my office, though, I'm shouldering my slingshot, just to be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment