Two nights ago I had a very bad dream.
I dreamt that I was getting married. It was the week before the wedding: everyone was in town, we were running around doing errands, having fun, and just being busy as all get out. My family was there, my friends were everywhere, and everyone kept asking me "Are you excited?!?!" I would scream "YES!!! I'm SO excited I can't stand it!"
And then--3 dream days before the wedding--I realized that I was marrying an old lady. All of the work, all of the excitement, all of the butterflies...had been over a 90+ year old woman. And it turns out that I was the only one in the dream who DIDN'T realize I was marrying an old lady. I was completely panicked, not knowing how I was going to tell people that I didn't realize my fiance was a grandma and that I was NOT excited anymore. Who would believe me, that I didn't know my fiance was an old woman? And how would I tell this woman?
I woke myself up, sweating. Disoriented, I thought to myself "How could you have gotten yourself into this, Jessica!?!?!" Then I felt Roni beside me, began to figure out just where and when I was, and it came to me that, no....I'm marrying George. My best friend.
And I went blissfully back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment