Thursday, June 23, 2011

So Much to Do, So Little Time

As anyone who's ever been part of a wedding party knows, there is much preparation leading up to the event. I know that my preparation as a bridesmaid (and one that lives 500 miles from the wedding site, at that) is nothing compared to the work and planning and creativity and muscle that my brother and his fiance have put into this event. However, as the days tick by I've made a little list of everything I've done to prepare myself to see my little brother tie the knot and a list of all the things I have yet to do.

Done


  • Ordered my bridesmaid dress

  • Ramped up the running

  • Ramped up the diet

  • Bought killer high heels that might, indeed, kill me. I'm already 5'10....being 6'2 shouldn't be a big deal but in the heels, I feel safer going down my stairs like a 2-year old: on my bottom.

  • Had a trial run for an updo. Um...we'll try again.

  • Drooled over the registry

  • Learned the rumba! Yep! George Clooney and I will face any of you wedding guests in a rumba-off! Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

To Do:


  • Buy up all the limes and mint I can find for the late night mojito bar I'm setting up in my hotel room

  • Write down every single embarrassing story I can remember about my brother. Make 300 copies.

  • Buy tissues. This little wedding might make this temporary-6'2 bridesmaid/sister cry like a baby.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. We can handle this 1 of 2 ways...
    The fun way:
    I have a mint plant on my deck that I would be willing to trade for all 300 copies. Drink mojitos and have a blast!

    The mean way:
    I will paste 300 "Do not serve this woman" posters at Trader Joes. You just don't walk into my town and start a war!

    ReplyDelete