Friday, February 22, 2019

Let's Try This Again

My last blog post was January 11, 2015. That was 2 days before we found out I was pregnant. We'd have a couple more major life events to come--including a new job, a family death, and a move--that would keep us from feeling like we weren't just treading water.

But February 2019 has been good. There are some good changes coming. JoJo (now 3.5 years old) has been to preschool open houses and absolutely loving it. He's been the poster child for sending your kid to school--confidently marching off, holding the teacher's hand, and waving good bye me with a huge smile. The confidence and assurance he possesses, that he's always in good hands and off to experience fun, is all I could wish for him.

It's my goal to write more this year and I had the perfect experience on Wednesday, where I thought "If this isn't a blog story, I don't know what is."

The backstory: George Clooney and I got new phones...2 years ago. My music didn't transfer with the phones and my playlists in iTunes disappeared...I don't know. I didn't have time to figure it all out. So, on my new phone I had a bare minimum amount of my music. Last weekend I spent a couple hours backing up the photos on my phone and decided to try to fix some playlists and get more of my fun music back, which I did.

The story: I work out every weekday at lunch and had just finished my workout on Wednesday. I turned on some of my "new" music while I walked around and stretched and made my way to the locker room. On came Jump, by the Pointer Sisters. So I'm kind of strutting to the locker room, bopping my head, singing in my head.

There was one woman in the locker room drying her hair at the double sided mirrors and there was no one on the other side of the mirrors. So with my headphones in, I proceed to JAM OUT. Not just dance, but completely BUST A MOVE. I'm watching myself in the mirror and dancing TO myself. Like, I'm pointing to myself "...you know my heart, can make you happy. JUMP!" This was dance-like-no-one's-watching dancing.

Except someone WAS watching. Here comes a woman from behind me. And as hard as I was dancing, that's how hard she was cackling at me. She was doubled over, holding her stomach, screaming with laughter. All I could do was throw my hands over my face and laugh and say "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" over and over. She was laughing at me, yes, and I was embarrassed. But when she stopped laughing and I stopped hiding my face, she told me to keep on dancing, that I finished a workout and that's reason enough to celebrate.

There's reasons everyday to celebrate and dance. It's not that I don't see them, I just don't always see them as celebrations. So maybe that's a goal for 2019, and for the blog, as I try to keep this up.

I will see you soon...and hopefully we can dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment