One of my New Year's resolutions was to blog everyday. So I'm off to a great start, with the year's first post on January 11th. The situation plays well to my other New Year's resolution--be kind to myself.
This weekend was probably my last weekend of do-nothing-freedom until April, so I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the house and watching "The Affair" on our new (thanks to my brother and sister-in-law) Apple TV. George caught a few episodes with me and we both highly recommend it.
The premise of the show is this: (and I don't think this is a spoiler because the name of the show is--after all--"The Affair") a man vacationing with his family starts an affair with a local woman who is suffering the fallout of her own family tragedy. It's less a story of why the man and woman are destined for each other or a perfect match, and more a study of the multiple forces that could push/lead a person to believe an affair is the answer to their troubles.
The show is very good and I highly recommend it. I'm anxious to see how it turns out and what they do for a second season. However, I also found myself kind of sick while watching the characters set up the upheaval of their loved ones' lives. I turned to George a few times yesterday and said "If you do this to me I'll kill you." We laughed each time I said it--the appropriate response when your perfect match finds the idea of anyone else but you ludicrous.
No comments:
Post a Comment