Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A New Holiday

If you see me today and I look like this





it's because I'm celebrating a new holiday. I call it "New Door Day." The Great Door Saga of 2011 comes to a close today as my front door and side door are being replaced AS I TYPE THIS!


Forevermore and throughout the land, September 21st will be celebrated by the traditional eating of a cake donut in the early morning hours. At 4pm every man, woman and child (throughout the land) will open and shut their front door 6 times: 1 time for each month this project lasted. At dinner time, families should light candles and sing "Hallelujah to Our Saviors George Clooney and Lowes." Finally, much like the king cake associated with Mardi Gras, children will have fun eating a traditional New Door Cake, and if they find the mini-front door baked in the cake, they win a prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment