Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Eat This Not That

I have never read the book Eat This Not That. I only hear the guy regularly on The Today Show. I like that he exposes the massive amounts of sodium, fat, calories, sugar, (fill in the blank) of all kinds of food. Sometimes I need that wake up call.

What I don't understand is the analogies he makes to describe how horrendous a particular food is.

"Eating this sandwich is the equivalent of eating 25 bagel bites."

What does that mean?? What kind of a nutritional reference is THAT? To be an effective analogy, shouldn't the analogous part be some kind of universal concept? Something that most people would relate to or visualize immediately without having to google "nutritional content bagel bite"?

"Eating two slices of this pizza is like eating 47 chicken nuggets."

Um...so that's good?

No comments:

Post a Comment