My little brother did it! He married his sweetheart! It was a slightly sweltering weekend but no one cared--especially me, the queen of air-conditioning. The weekend was great from start to finish. Everyone looked fantastic, everyone seemed happy, we danced, we laughed, we cried, we ate and we drank.
I don't know if I could pick a highlight, there were too many great things that happened. The priest who married the couple had the immediate family over for dinner on Thursday and it was awesome to have a Nebraska steak while catching up with my family and meeting his new in laws. My mom gave a terrific speech at the rehearsal dinner Friday night and we feasted! The food was out of this world! Saturday was a whirlwind but George Clooney was there to drive us around, fix mimosas, take pictures and charm the pants off everyone.
I wish we could do it all over again. In another month...I'm going to need significant recovery time.
Best wishes to the best brother a girl could ask for. And thank you, to my new sister in law, for being wonderful and nice and funny and so easy to like. And for loving my brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment