Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chirp Chirp...Anyone out there? Is this thing on????

Sorry for my absence, loyal followers. What a c-r-a-z-y week it was last week, topped off with a trip to New England. I didn't advertise beforehand that I'd be out of town because I'm not an idiot--I know there are people out there who would do anything to get their hands on Roni. I couldn't risk having everyone on the internets know that Roni the Pony would be alone.

So it's November. I don't know about you but the fall seems to be going fast, huh?? And I don't know about you but I LOOOOOOVE talking about how fast time flies!! I love it! I even love saying it: "Time flies!"

That felt good.

I have all kinds of good observations about my trip to Connecticut that I will dole out to you in carefully spaced intervals. Because frankly, some of it will blow your mind. I'll start with this:

I witnessed one of the most awkward first dates ever. (I think I still win The Most Awkward award...swim trunks?? You deserve to be mocked, sir) Saturday night I was having dinner in the hotel bar early because I had to be up at 4am to catch my flight. In walks a middle aged woman who sits at the bar and orders a beer and bar snacks. Several minutes later in walks a middle aged guy. I have not looked at the couple at this point because the awkwardness wasn't apparent until their conversation started. First date conversation is always kind of stilted but these people sounded like they were reading the "How to Have a First Date" brochure.

I finally look over and see the guy: brushed back, fluffy hair. A gold chain. Skinny jeans. In a word--Justin Beiber at age 53.

Here's the best part: I finish the worst steak sandwich in the history of steak sandwiches and head for the elevator, noticing that the woman is by herself now. I round the corner and THE GUY IS HITTING ON THE HOTEL DESK CLERK!

I love you Connecticut!

No comments:

Post a Comment