As the year comes to a close and the New Year approaches, there is much to contemplate. Endings, beginnings, fresh starts, continuations, settling in, getting comfortable, feeling uprooted...lots of juxtapositions.
In a little less than a month I'll say goodbye to a place I've worked for nearly 10 years. (15 days shy of 10 years, to be exact) I'll be starting the new year with a new job, doing something COMPLETELY different, with new people and new routines. I'm excited, bold, confident, ... self-conscious, shy, and teary, all at the same time.
Perhaps it's a good thing that life is so incredibly busy right now that I don't have much time to let these changes stew inside me. I must keep marching on, meeting deadlines, planning, making dinner and washing the dishes, testing, presenting, and fulfilling all my obligations.
In the meantime,
How do you know an accountant is on vacation?
She comes in after 8am and isn't wearing a suit!
Ha ha! Groan....
No comments:
Post a Comment