Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Simple Pleasures

My mom gave me a book once called Simple Abundance. Each day has an entry that encourages the reader to get rid of toxic "stuff" that holds you back from enjoying life, to notice all the small ways in which your life is pretty awesome, and to reframe your way of thinking about happiness.

I've never made it past January.

From what I can tell it's a great resource. Yes, it has touchy feely reflections. But there's great practical advice and reasoning regarding getting rid of clutter, cleaning out your closets, and tackling some less-than-desirable home projects.

I'm thinking about that book because this morning as I took my first sip of coffee I momentarily closed my eyes and sighed a satisfied sigh and thought, "it's going to be a good day." I thought about some of the simple pleasures I'm often too tired or hurried to enjoy fully.

A great cup of coffee.
Cream cheese on ANYTHING. What a perfect food.
A clean kitchen, no matter how short-lived it is.
Fresh air.
Exercise. Yeah, I just said exercise.
The smell of anything on the grill.
Dancing.
The Scissor Sisters. :)

Think about your own simple pleasures today. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment