Monday, August 20, 2012

It Has Come to My Attention...

I did not report the events of my recent car meltdown fairly. George Clooney did more than just yell at me to keep driving down a busy street. It was George who talked to the mechanic and knew exactly what to do with the battery. George also cleared away the corrosion from the old battery with a liter of Coke and installed the new battery as the sun went down and the crickets began to chirp. My sincere thanks to George. Smooch.

I finished up a summer class at the end of June and had a glorious and productive 8 week vacation planned. I was going to paint my basement and organize the hundreds of recipes I've printed in recent years. I was going to organize all my papers and my filing system. I was going to clean out closets and read and keep my house spotless everyday.

It was going pretty well. Then a night at a Neil Diamond concert changed everything. I still have a peach basement, baskets/boxes/bags of recipes, a stack of IRA statements, mortgage statements, and bank statements I need to file, full closets, and dust bunnies.

And now I have only 1 week to cram in all these good intentions. Classes start again on Monday and I'm being a big baby about it. Expect me to be highly dramatic.

In other news, this is what Roni's been up to



Napping on the newel post. 

And now for a take-a-step-back moment:

Earlier this summer I posted a comment on Facebook, that I couldn't get over all the screaming fans--mostly women--who stood outside of Rockefeller Center on a Friday morning and swooned over the rapper Chris Brown. The same guy that beat up his girlfriend just a few years ago, putting her in the hospital, was now being celebrated by Matt Lauer, Anne Curry, Al Roker, and thousands of concert goers. I don't believe a person is the product of the worst thing they've ever done, but c'mon....the guy put his girlfriend in the hospital. Does ANYONE have respect for a man who thinks it's ok to beat up a woman?

Now, after Rhianna gave a tearful interview with Oprah, the Today Show is dragging out the guy's skeletons and reminding us all of his sins. The slant of "how-could-she-forgive-this-guy, how-could-she-still-want-to-be-with-him" really grates my cheese. How quickly you forget, NBC/The Today Show.



No comments:

Post a Comment